Remember to make the most of your down time. Mental health is just as, if not more important than physical well-being.
Do you struggle to get to gym?
Are your kids too little for child care?
Do you not feel comfortable at a gym?
Insert a million other reasons why you don’t have any “ME” time.
Kerrie Fitness has at least got one of these covered, you can now train with Kerrie in the comfort of your own home. Whenever you have the opportunity to do a workout, Kerrie is just one click away.
Grab yourself a mat, towel, drink bottle and 30 minutes of “Just for ME time” and go for it. Just as you schedule into your busy life when you’re going to watch your favourite show, schedule in your #kezfit time 1-2 times a week and you’re off to a fabulous start.
Download your own copy of #kezfit Kerrie Core 2 today and get sweaty, you will love yourself for it.
Go to Kerrie Fitness shop and you will be re-directed to kerriefitness.com.au in an instant.
• 1 grated zucchini (1 standard zucchini)
• 250g almond spread (1 jar)
• 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave)
• 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (with the mother!)
• 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla bean (or extract)
• 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
• 25g 85% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. Olive oil spray 2 mini muffin trays (24 holes) (these silicon ones from K-Mart are amazing as you can carefully pop the muffins out once they’re cooled)
3. Grate the zucchini
4. Chop the chocolate
5. Lightly beat the eggs
6. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except the dark chocolate and stir until well combined. Then gently stir in the dark chocolate.
7. Carefully 3/4 fill each muffin hole with the mixture.
8. Bake for approximately 12-16 minutes (depending on your oven). You will see the tops rise. (They will deflate a little once out of the oven cooling) Insert a cake skewer or a toothpick to see if it out comes out clean without any batter.
9. Allow muffins to cool in trays for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from trays and cool completely on a wire racks.
10. Serve fresh and pop the remaining mini muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Be sure to place baking paper in between the mini muffins for easy removal from the freezer (and so you’re not tempted to eat 4 when they’re stuck together!!!) Simply set aside for a little to reach room temperature or if you’re impatient like myself, lol, wrap in paper towel for a few seconds in the microwave on defrost mode!
Bon appetite 👩🏼🍳
Kerrie Mewett opened her studio KERRIE FITNESS in 2013, after ten years of instructing in the fitness industry. Not content with just moving along at the pace of the big name programs on offer at the gyms she worked in, she decided to create her very own programs and soon had a following. Kerrie taught her own core class “KERRIE CORE” at gyms and her own studio, at the same time as building on her new program “KHIIT” (Kerrie High Intensity Interval Training). Working endlessly on her class structure prior to cutting ties with other gyms and programs and unleashing KHIIT to her members! Providing a new workout each and every week. Keeping up with the times of busy lifestyles. Kerrie’s workouts have you in and out of her studio in just half an hour. No time to think about the outside world whilst you’re training. Sculpted from head to toe and feeling a million dollars by the time you leave.
After five successive “Finalist” nominations in the Campbelltown Local Business Awards, this year 2018, Kerrie successfully won the award for “Best Fitness Services”! A testament to the hard work and dedication by Kerrie for the creation of Kerrie Core and her KHIIT programs… Aerobics, Bench, Martial Arts and Weighted. Along with being awarded Les Mills Instructor of the year Australia Asia Pacific Region 2008 and 2014, Kerrie is one instructor whose class you need to experience “Live”.
To train at KERRIE FITNESS with Kerrie, come and visit her Studio at Unit H10, 5-7 Hepher Road, Campbelltown, Sydney, NSW, Australia. No bookings necessary.
Live out of the area? That to is no longer an issue. Whilst Kerrie has been busy with her members in her studio, in the background she has been building a recording studio with her husband Trevor, to produce online workouts. Just this month, June 2018, #kezfit was launched! You can now download your very own #kezfit Kerrie Core 1 class online at www.kerriefitness.com.au . #kezfit Kerrie Core 2 is due to launch on 21 July 2018.
Happy training, happy body, happy mind ❤️
What better way to warm up a chilly winter day than with some red Boots! Enjoying King street wharf, Sydney, Australia.
Looking for a workout out of studio hours? Go to www.kerriefitness.com.au to download #kezfit Kerrie Core 1. You can train in the comfort of your own home; in the hotel room whilst away on business; anytime, anywhere. Enjoy your workout!
After locating the most perfect Tapas Bar, we may have spent a little too much time there. Thus running out of day light! Not to worry, we thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine and got some night shots at Vivid Sydney.
Workout from home; in the hotel room whilst away on business; anytime, anywhere. Download #kezfit Kerrie Core 1 today. Visit www.kerriefitness.com.au Enjoy your workout!
Kerrie Core – This 30 minute low impact workout is the ultimate way to get a tight and toned core. This dynamic class focuses on your abs, back, obliques and glutes. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in the prevention of injury.
- A quick efficient workout in 30 minutes
- A tough workout that challenges you mentally and physically
- Tightens and tones core muscles
- Improves functional strength for balance, mobility and injury prevention
- Better understanding of how the core works and it’s importance to your physical health
- Motivates you to venture outside your comfort zone
Today was a little overcast, causing a dash to shelter. This chance coincidence led to the series of photos attached as we began to explore the King Street Wharf area. A newly refurbished historical site in Old Sydney town. Steeped in history with many artifacts lovingly restored and displayed for the public.
With no small amount of excitement, the launching of #kezfit is almost upon us. Just to keep you entertained, here is a picture diary of the last five years. Enjoy, and WATCH this space. Soon anyone, anywhere can train with Kerrie.
Be sure to Download your at home class today. Visit www.kerriefitness.com.au
We can’t all be good 24/7… where would that fun be in that?! Sometimes occasions call for something a little naughty but oh so nice. I created this double baked caramel cheesecake 17 years ago after having my daughter. With a little more time on my hands whilst on maternity leave I would thoroughly enjoy creating recipes after finding a new passion for baking. There’s nothing more enjoyable than seeing joy on the faces of those around you when they bite into something you’ve created from baking. Well okay, there might be something else that is as equally enjoyable to me.. seeing the expressions on my peeps faces when I train them… but that’s another story entirely! Back to baking…
My grandmother would make the most delicious caramel slice. To this day I love using her recipe to make caramel slice for birthdays or basically just whenever asked! It was 17 years ago that I decided to get creative and use the base and filling from Mardi’s caramel slice in a cheesecake.
Viola.. cue my double baked caramel cheesecake creation, which I can easily say I get asked to make at least twice a year! Now that’s saying something. Either it’s that good or whenever asked.. ‘what birthday cake do you want?’ That’s the first thing my loved ones think of!!
As with everything, I am more than happy to share with you all. Go, enjoy baking and see the joy you bring to those around you as they taste all the deliciousness!
Bon appetit 👩🏼🍳
KERRIE’S DOUBLE BAKED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
Ingredients – BASE
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup self raising flour
• 1/2 cup coconut
• 2 oz (56.7 grams) butter
- Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
- Line 20cm spring-form cheesecake tin with baking paper
- Melt butter in microwave
- Place brown sugar, self raising flour and coconut in bowl and stir together
- Add melted butter and stir to combine
- Press into lined tin and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes
Remove from oven and set aside
Ingredients – FILLING
• 2 blocks of cream cheese (500 grams)
• 1 cup of castor sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature (approximately 1 hour out of the fridge) Alternatively, carefully soften in microwave without cooking it
- Beat cream cheese
- Add sugar gradually
- Be sure to scrape down the bowl in between
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Add vanilla extract until mixed thoroughly
- Pour mixture carefully on top of the base
- Place back in oven for 30 minutes
Ingredients – TOPPING
• 1 tin of condensed milk
• 2 Tablespoons of golden syrup
• 1 Dessert spoon of butter
- Put ingredients in a small saucepan
- Using a wooden spoon, melt over hot plate on low-medium heat until butter is dissolved
- Stir well
- Be sure to get into the corners of the saucepan and to not burn the caramel
- Nb. Don’t go and answer the front door or the telephone!!!
- Carefully pour the caramel on top of the cheesecake (once the 30 minutes cooking time is up) Cheesecake comes straight out of the oven.. then once the caramel is poured on top, goes straight back in to the oven
- Nb. When pouring the caramel on top, start on the outsides and carefully work in a circular motion towards the centre (otherwise your cheesecake will completely drop in the centre)
- Place back in the over for a further 10 minutes
- Turn oven off, leave cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar so it can cool
- Later cover and place in fridge
• Packet of Maltesers
• Packet of Peanut M&M’s
Simply place Maltesers around the outside of the cake, then followed by Peanut M&M’s, alternating each time
Serve and enjoy!!