What better way to warm up a chilly winter day than with some red Boots! Enjoying King street wharf, Sydney, Australia.
Looking for a workout out of studio hours? Go to www.kerriefitness.com.au to download #kezfit Kerrie Core 1. You can train in the comfort of your own home; in the hotel room whilst away on business; anytime, anywhere. Enjoy your workout!
After locating the most perfect Tapas Bar, we may have spent a little too much time there. Thus running out of day light! Not to worry, we thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine and got some night shots at Vivid Sydney.
Workout from home; in the hotel room whilst away on business; anytime, anywhere. Download #kezfit Kerrie Core 1 today. Visit www.kerriefitness.com.au Enjoy your workout!
Kerrie Core – This 30 minute low impact workout is the ultimate way to get a tight and toned core. This dynamic class focuses on your abs, back, obliques and glutes. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in the prevention of injury.
- A quick efficient workout in 30 minutes
- A tough workout that challenges you mentally and physically
- Tightens and tones core muscles
- Improves functional strength for balance, mobility and injury prevention
- Better understanding of how the core works and it’s importance to your physical health
- Motivates you to venture outside your comfort zone
Today was a little overcast, causing a dash to shelter. This chance coincidence led to the series of photos attached as we began to explore the King Street Wharf area. A newly refurbished historical site in Old Sydney town. Steeped in history with many artifacts lovingly restored and displayed for the public.
With no small amount of excitement, the launching of #kezfit is almost upon us. Just to keep you entertained, here is a picture diary of the last five years. Enjoy, and WATCH this space. Soon anyone, anywhere can train with Kerrie.
Be sure to Download your at home class today. Visit www.kerriefitness.com.au
We can’t all be good 24/7… where would that fun be in that?! Sometimes occasions call for something a little naughty but oh so nice. I created this double baked caramel cheesecake 17 years ago after having my daughter. With a little more time on my hands whilst on maternity leave I would thoroughly enjoy creating recipes after finding a new passion for baking. There’s nothing more enjoyable than seeing joy on the faces of those around you when they bite into something you’ve created from baking. Well okay, there might be something else that is as equally enjoyable to me.. seeing the expressions on my peeps faces when I train them… but that’s another story entirely! Back to baking…
My grandmother would make the most delicious caramel slice. To this day I love using her recipe to make caramel slice for birthdays or basically just whenever asked! It was 17 years ago that I decided to get creative and use the base and filling from Mardi’s caramel slice in a cheesecake.
Viola.. cue my double baked caramel cheesecake creation, which I can easily say I get asked to make at least twice a year! Now that’s saying something. Either it’s that good or whenever asked.. ‘what birthday cake do you want?’ That’s the first thing my loved ones think of!!
As with everything, I am more than happy to share with you all. Go, enjoy baking and see the joy you bring to those around you as they taste all the deliciousness!
Bon appetit 👩🏼🍳
KERRIE’S DOUBLE BAKED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
Ingredients – BASE
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup self raising flour
• 1/2 cup coconut
• 2 oz (56.7 grams) butter
- Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
- Line 20cm spring-form cheesecake tin with baking paper
- Melt butter in microwave
- Place brown sugar, self raising flour and coconut in bowl and stir together
- Add melted butter and stir to combine
- Press into lined tin and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes
Remove from oven and set aside
Ingredients – FILLING
• 2 blocks of cream cheese (500 grams)
• 1 cup of castor sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature (approximately 1 hour out of the fridge) Alternatively, carefully soften in microwave without cooking it
- Beat cream cheese
- Add sugar gradually
- Be sure to scrape down the bowl in between
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Add vanilla extract until mixed thoroughly
- Pour mixture carefully on top of the base
- Place back in oven for 30 minutes
Ingredients – TOPPING
• 1 tin of condensed milk
• 2 Tablespoons of golden syrup
• 1 Dessert spoon of butter
- Put ingredients in a small saucepan
- Using a wooden spoon, melt over hot plate on low-medium heat until butter is dissolved
- Stir well
- Be sure to get into the corners of the saucepan and to not burn the caramel
- Nb. Don’t go and answer the front door or the telephone!!!
- Carefully pour the caramel on top of the cheesecake (once the 30 minutes cooking time is up) Cheesecake comes straight out of the oven.. then once the caramel is poured on top, goes straight back in to the oven
- Nb. When pouring the caramel on top, start on the outsides and carefully work in a circular motion towards the centre (otherwise your cheesecake will completely drop in the centre)
- Place back in the over for a further 10 minutes
- Turn oven off, leave cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar so it can cool
- Later cover and place in fridge
• Packet of Maltesers
• Packet of Peanut M&M’s
Simply place Maltesers around the outside of the cake, then followed by Peanut M&M’s, alternating each time
Serve and enjoy!!
There are so many things to do in Sydney, and so so many places to explore. Sometimes we get a little caught up in getting to the next best thing that we can miss the journey. Fitness is like that. We so desperately want to get to our “end result” that sometimes we are prepared to cut corners.
Lasting fitness and health, truely lasting fitness and health, is a journey and one we should make part of our everyday lives. It is a process, one to prepare for and undertake regularly.
You don’t just wake up one day and decide to drive to Perth from Sydney. You prepare, you service your car, save money, factor in rest stops, judge how far you can travel each day to get to your destination safely. Fitness is exactly the same. We prepare, get dressed, sleep adequately, service our body (i.e eat well… fuel), save money… don’t pay for the add ons that will never be used (the upsell), train and rest. Not train ten times the first week and then skip a month. Or even worse, let the years go by without taking care of the one and only body you have for life.
Listen to your body. Don’t be afraid of pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. A good instructor will help you with this and before you know it, you are on the path to your destination with almost zero chance of not making it.
Kerrie is that kind of instructor and KERRIE FITNESS is that kind of gym. So what are you waiting for? Want to keep spinning your wheels or drive with purpose to a happier and healthier you?
Come on in and join our friendly fitfam. Look forward to seeing you in the studio Monday’s – Thursdays and Saturdays. Unit H10, 5-7 Hepher Road, Campbelltown NSW 2560
☎️ 0410 409 611
Being nominated as a finalist in the fitness industry is one thing we really get a kick out of at KERRIE FITNESS. Ask me why?
It’s quite simple really. It is an affirmation that we are doing the right thing by our members, we are giving them what they want. We are caring about their progress, we are engaging them. We are with them the whole way.
We would like to thank each and every one of you “voters”, of course I won’t be making the classes easier! But Thanks.
In 2004 I started teaching Les Mills at Fitness First. Over the next decade along with the 20 plus classes I taught with Les Mills content, I also began to develop my own class, KERRIE CORE.
With Fitness First closing down I took the leap of faith and opened my own studio, continuing with Les Mills and ZUMBA plus adding more of my own classes to the timetable. And along the way collected 4 x Local Business award finalist nominations and won my second Les Mills Australia Asia Pacific Instructor of the year award (2008) (2014)
Late last year I once again took that leap of faith, and with a heavy heart let Les Mills programs go.
That was to make room for my own style of HIIT training KHIIT! Kerrie High Intensity Interval Training. Along with Kerrie Core and ZUMBA the timetable was completely renewed.
To have been fortunate enough to once again receive a nomination for finalist and this time not relying on a world wide known draw card such as Les Mills, I feel that this is the best nomination yet as it makes me believe I’m on the right path.
Well there is definitely more than enough here for more than 1 person… but when it’s just too good, why not go back for seconds 💚 I know I couldn’t help myself!!
< strong>Ingredients:Dash of olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 hot chilli 🌶
- 2 carrots 🥕
- 2 zucchini’s
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 5 mushrooms 🍄
- Large handful of spinach
- 4 asparagus spears
- Small handful of goji berries
- 2 tsp basil pesto
Method:Squish garlic with the back of a knife, chop
- Finley chop chili
- Peel and chop mushrooms
- Grate zucchini and carrot
- Remove bottom of stem and trim asparagus
- Boil jug
- Break asparagus in half, place in a mug and fill with boiling water
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat
- Sauté garlic and chilli
- Add mushrooms and yellow capsicum and stir with a wooden spoon
- Add zucchini’s and carrots, continue stirring
- Add spinach and goji berries
- Finish by adding the pesto and stir until you reach the right consistency
- Drain asparagus from mug, place on top of veggies
Nb. You could use this as a side and add grilled chicken 🍗 or your favourite cut of meat 🥩 or your favourite fish 🐟 to complete your meal 🍽
Bon appetit 😋
Never been a better time to join KERRIE FITNESS.
- Most funds require the Studio you go to be registered with Fitness Australia, The Health & Fitness Industry Association.
- Most funds do not recognise personal training or 24 hour fitness memberships.
- You will need to check in with your fund about eligibility.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Find out which Private Health Funds offer rebates for fitness services
Private Health Fund Rebates for Fitness Services
Staying informed about private health fund rebates for fitness services will allow you to provide accurate information to your existing and prospective members about opportunities to claim private health fund rebates for fitness services.
What do I need to do to help my clients/members claim?
Be guided by your clients. Enquire as to whether they have Private Health Insurance and if so, which fund? The following information about specific funds should be taken as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of funds recognising fitness services.
If your client holds private health insurance, suggest they contact their fund to determine what is required to enable them to gain a rebate and what level of rebate they are eligible to receive.
It’s important to remember that all funds are different! Some funds require you to be registered with Fitness Australia, while others also require you to register with them directly. In some cases a GP referral may be required to indicate that the fitness program is necessary due to an existing health or medical condition. Importantly a number of funds don’t recognise personal training services, or 24 hour fitness centre memberships.
Finally it’s also important to remember that the amount of a potential refund is heavily dependent on the level of cover held by the member and that holding private health insurance does not automatically ensure eligibility for a refund for fitness service.
Fitness Australia is working hard towards aligning the national Business and Professional Registration schemes with all Private Health Funds. Fitness Australia has produced a position statement for Private Health Insurers. These recommendations seek to inform Private Health Insurers about current fitness industry standards and provide an insight into fitness industry operations that will assist in the development or recognition of existing policies.
Tier 1 funds:
Health Funds offering rebates exclusively to Fitness Australia Registered Businesses
Your client will receive a rebate upon presentation of proof of payment documentation from the business containing their Fitness Australia registered business number.
Tier 2 funds:
The following businesses require business registration with Fitness Australia and for the business to complete a registration form with the fund:
- NIB (download their form)
- Note: You must have a referral form from a prescribing physician to be eligible to claim a rebate for fitness services.
Tier 3 funds:
The following funds require a medical referral and completion of appropriate documentation.