What is KERRIE HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING?
Well thanks for asking… the short version… I select different exercises each day. You push yourself at your own level to go as fast as you can with great technique. 30 minutes and you’re done, feeling on a high and ready to take on the day! Will improve your cardiovascular fitness, maximise calorie burn to perform like an athlete, strengthen and build lean muscle.
7 reasons you should make KHIIT one of your regular weekly workouts:
• Efficient (30 minutes #findyour30)
• Burn more fat – all of the intense exertion kicks your body’s repair cycle into hyperdrive. You burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after KHIIT than what you would after a steady pace run
• Healthier heart – pushing into the anaerobic zone (that lovely place where you can’t breathe and you feel like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest! You know the one!!) Extreme training produces extreme results
• Lose weight, not muscle – Anyone who has been on a diet knows that it’s hard to not lose muscle mass along with fat. Studies show that both weight training and high intensity interval workouts allow dieters to preserve their hard-earned muscles while ensuring most of the weight lost comes from fat stores. Win/win!
• Increase metabolism – In addition to increased fat burning and more muscle preserved, KHIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450 percent during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn but also slows down the aging process, making you younger both inside and out!
• Challenging – This is not a workout you can do while chatting with a friend or thinking about what you’ll be cooking for dinner! Because it’s so short, you will be working hard the whole time. The trade-off is this format offers seasoned exercisers a new challenge and new exercisers a quick way to see results. You may be in pain, you may be sucking in oxygen, but you definitely won’t be bored!
• Options – if you’re working with an injury or just starting out in exercise, I give you plenty of options to take your workout at a slower pace and without any impact at all.
If you would like to further challenge yourself then download a copy of Kerrie Core at http://www.kerriefitness.com.au.